Built about 1890, probably by Pieter Kruger, one of the sons of Paul Kruger. It is a simple rectangular structure, constructed with sun-dried mud bricks and a clay and cow-dung floor. There is a pitched corrugated iron roof, and it us noticeable that some of the sheets have been flattened. According to Kruger family sources, allowance was not made for the overlap between the sheets, and thus insufficient corrugated iron was ordered. The problem was solved by having some of the sheets flattened. The building served as a school from about 1892 to 1915 and was subsequently used as a storeroom, stable and garage.
Take the N4 west through Rustenburg and take Exit 169 to the Ottoman Highway north. After 10km take the 1st exit at the roundabout onto the R565. After 2.3km the entrance to Kedar Heritage Lodge is on the left. Enquire at reception for access to the Kruger houses.