One of the oldest buildings in Johannesburg, this was originally a simple rectangle built in 1863 by Frederik Jacobus Bezuidenhout. A south wing with an attractive bay window was added in the 1890s, and a north wing in 1910. During the Anglo-Boer war, the British used the farmhouse as a base, and the grounds provided grazing to a remount camp with thousands of horses. The farmstead was declared a National Monument in 1995.
Inside Bezuidenhout Park, De Wetshof