The original house was designed in 1902 by architects, Aburrow & Treeby, for Lieutenant-Colonel Sir Aubrey Woolls-Sampson, co-founder of the Imperial Light Horse Regiment. Severely wounded at Elandslaagte, he remained with the regiment until the surrender of Pretoria. Thereafter he became an outstanding field-intelligence officer, ably assisted by African scouts. He was Knighted for his service during the war.
26 Woolston Road, Westcliff
Photographs of The Ridge School (The Heritage Portal)