The landbank was officially opened by the Mayor, Mr Walter Harvey, the local pharmacist, in 1922. This building is built on the site of Mr Heinrich Julies Ueckermann’s shop, the founder of Heidelberg. He obtained Mr Fannin to survey the town, who died two weeks later, from Malaria that he had contracted in Nylstroom. The town was proclaimed on the 28th of March 1866 and named after the town where Heinrich had studied. The building was later used by the municipality.
Click here to read more about this site.
Corner of HF Verwoerd and Ueckermann Streets, Heidelberg, Gauteng