Built in 1907, after the proclamation by the crown government that all state schools are to be taught in English. The school started in the basement of the “Klip Kerk”. The land was donated by Mr FJ Bezuidenhout, of De Rust. Theodor Amadeus Heinrich Donges was the first headmaster. There is a plaque honouring the “Heidelbergers” who died in the 2nd Anglo Boer war at the entrance to the hall. Declared a National Monument in 1970.
15 Voortrekker St, Heidelberg
Laer Volkskool Then & Now (Heidelberg Heritage Association)