Officially opened by the State secretary, Leyds on Paul Kruger’s birthday of 10/10/1895. This was the main station on the South-Eastern line and used until the new station was opened in 1961. The building was declared a national monument in 1975 and operated as the old Transport Museum by the Rupert Foundation until 2004. The foundation stone dates way back to heritage day, 24 September 1894.
Cnr Voortrekker and Peperboom Streets, Heidelberg
Old photographs and postcards of the Heidelberg Railway Station (Heidelberg Heritage Association)