Previously the site of a Voortrekker homestead, the club was opened on 22nd December 1906 by the Mayor. It comprised 46 acres and offered a welcome respite from the clamour and dust of the town. Here members enjoyed extensive gardens (designed later by Joane Pim) and a lake. Sporting facilities included golf, squash, cricket, swimming, polo, boating – and fox hunting. It was declared a conservation area in 1998.
1 Napier Road, Auckland Park