Saturday, April 30, 2016 - 00:00

The farm Kleinfontein situated between Swellendam and Stormsvlei just off the N2, dates back to 1771. Until recent years the cemetery was still in use by the extended Cilliers family. The Kleinfontein farm has been subdivided over many years.

The old homestead with cemetery now belongs to Mr Henrico Cilliers. He destroyed the graveyard and fence by bulldozing the tombstones and graves into a nearby dam.

Swellendam Heritage Association

Saturday, January 23, 2016 - 07:17

Back to Notices

Disclaimer: Any views expressed by individuals and organisations are their own and do not in any way represent the views of The Heritage Portal.