Albert Victor Lindbergh, co-founder in 1892 of the Central News Agency (CNA) bought Marienhof in 1916 and changed the German name. CNA was the first distributor of newspapers in Southern Africa and expanded into selling books and publishing school textbooks as well as the works of South African writers. After her husband’s death in 1939, Gladys Lindbergh continued living here until 1969 when her house was expropriated and demolished for the motorway. Parts of the stone garden walls and entrance gates remain.
34 Oxford Road, Parktown
Photographs of the Onder Kopjes and Marienhof site (The Heritage Portal)