William Edwin Bleloch contributed significant ideas to a better understanding of the geology of the Witwatersrand. He arrived in Johannesburg in 1894 and became an authority on gold resources of the Transvaal participating in Milner’s Gold Law Commission of 1902. House Bleloch was designed by Theophile Schaerer in 1938 in Cape Dutch revival style. A bequest made by his wife Edith served to equip and name the W E Bleloch Museum of the Department of Geology at the University of the Witwatersrand.
106 Houghton Drive (corner Houghton Drive and Osborn Road), Houghton Estate
Installing House Bleloch and Orange Grove Waterfall Plaques (Johannesburg Heritage Foundation)
House Bleloch (Kathy Munro)