This house was designed by Herbert Baker in 1903 for the Braamfontein Company to promote the new section of Parktown. Its first occupant, Brevet-Major John William Fraser Lamont, came to South Africa with the Royal Artillery. He was awarded the Queen's and King's medals with seven bars. He then transferred to the Transvaal Horse Artillery and in 1906 became Chief Staff Officer to all the volunteer regiments.
17A Pallinghurst Road, Parktown