Built in 1934, designed by J.D. McCullum, this house was bought before completion by Abel Hossy, a mining engineer and his wife, Rosie. It was home to them and their three children and later, their daughter Frances and her husband Norbert lived there until 2011. Apart from the alterations to the original porch and verandah in 1970, the house has remained unaltered. It was the only residential site in the block this side of Tyrone Avenue when it was rezoned as commercial. In 2011 it was sold to Helen Bramwell and renamed Weber House in memory of Gerhard T. Weber.
50 Ennis Road, Parktown