Opening on 20 May 1902, the fortune of this branch initially followed those of the mines on the nearby gold mines. During the First World War (1914-1918) lady clerks were employed for the first time as some men had enlisted for active service. Standard Bank purchased the site in 1917 and in 1940 the current building, designed by architects Stucke, Harrison and Smail and built by R. Forbes and Co., was completed. The branched moved to new premises in April 2016.
Corner of Main and Mint Road, Fordsburg