Established in 1908 by the Founders’ Memorial Congregational Church with only nine pupils and expanded in 1913, this dual medium school was the first in the Transvaal for coloured children. It was taken over by government in 1917. By 1960 it was the biggest school in South Africa. With a staff of 64 teachers the principal, CJ Botha, ran a platoon system of two sessions a day.
70 Welman Ave, Newclare