The High Court Building derives its name from the High Court that was originally situated on Gandhi Square. The building housed lawyers and advocates, and in the 1940s writer Herman Charles Bosman had an office on the second floor. Designed in 1904 by McIntosh & Moffat in an Edwardian Style with pedimented corner gables, it was extended by two floors and redesigned in 1932 by JC Cook & Cowen to its current Art Deco appearance. The building was restored in 2018 by Olitzki Property Holdings.
Photographs of the High Court Building (The Heritage Portal)