John Goodwin (1845-1934), his wife Maria nee van Ryneveld (1850-1915) and their daughter Edith (1876-1956 born in an ox-wagon near Kimberley) came to Heidelberg in 1881. Edith assisted Cassie O’Reilly, as a nurse in 1900. She never married, as her sweetheart had died during the 2nd Anglo Boer War. She was a bulwark of the Anglican Church and there is a memorial tablet to her in the St Ninian’s Church.
1 van der Westhuizen Street, Heidelberg
Old photographs of the Goodwin Residence (sourced by the Heidelberg Heritage Association)