In 1919, The Technical High School, the only one of its kind, opened its doors to boys from all over South Africa. It had started in wood and iron buildings in Plein Square under Headmaster JJB Rees before moving to this site. In 1926 it changed to an academic school named Forest High School and girls were admitted for the first time. The elegant original building was designed under Chief Architect of Public Works, JS Cleland, with durable materials and fine brickwork.
Forest St &, Golf St, Forest Hill