Avalon in Parktown is on the market with Jawitz Properties. The inscription on the blue plaque for the house reads as follows:
Built in 1910 for David W John, a merchant, and designed by the pioneering architects Arthur and Walter Reid, Avalon is distinguished by its double storey bay window and open balcony and veranda giving extensive views across Parktown to the northern ridge. It was respectfully adapted and restored by the highly creative architect Karen Wygers as her own home in 2012. The house highlights the Edwardian elegance which dominated Seymour Avenue.
Avalon Blue Plaque (The Heritage Portal)
Below are the listing details from the agent:
Paradise aptly describes this incredible home, nestling in a closed road surrounded by beautiful trees, with a history through generations Beautifully renovated, retaining the traditional feel, with a modern touch, combining pressed ceilings and wooden floors with and open plan flow, focused on entertaining and a family lifestyle.
Main House - Downstairs
- Entrance Hall
- Formal Lounge with open plan Study/Utility area
- Family Room, TV Lounge, Spacious interconnected Dining room and Gourmet Kitchen facing lovely garden and pool
- Large separately connected, Scullery and Laundry
Main House - Upstairs
- Main Bedroom en - suite with beautiful balcony
- 3 other bedrooms , 2 en - suite
- Double Garage
- Beautiful Upstairs Cottage / Work from home
- Off street Parking
- Pressed Ceilings
- Oregon Flooring
- American Shutters
- Bottled Gas
- Patio overlooking Solar Heated pool and lovely garden
- Borehole supply to Home and Garden
- Road Closed at main access
- CCTV Camera
- Regular Patrols from Security Company
Phone Gail Katz on 083 443 5633 to view. Asking price R7 450 000. Click here to view more photos.
Disclaimer: Any views expressed by individuals and organisations are their own and do not in any way represent the views of The Heritage Portal.