Pretoria buildings tell a story of a 19th century republican outpost ignited by the politics of the British Empire, transformed by apartheid-era restructuring and evolving into a 21st century African metropolis. Johan Swart talks on his new book.
Johan Swart holds a masters degree in architecture and heritage studies. He teaches architectural history at the University of Pretoria, leads a heritage focused design studio for postgraduate students. He is curator of the architecture archives at the university and is responsible for the safeguarding and interpretation of significant historical drawing collections.
Hidden Pretoria is illustrated by Alain Proust, South Africa’s top architectural photographer.
- Talk happening at Meerhof Lodge at Hartbeespoort.
- Wednesday, 18 March 2020. Time 10h30 for 11h00.
- Cost R100.00 per person
- Bookings firstname.lastname@example.org or 071 382 5905
- Signed copies of the book will be available at the special price of R350.00 (normal R450.00).
- MACH Historical Book shop open
Disclaimer: Any views expressed by individuals and organisations are their own and do not in any way represent the views of The Heritage Portal.