The Nederduitsche Hervormde Church shares its history with the Nederduitsche Gereformeerde Church, with DS Van Warmelo being the first minister. He tried to unite the two congregations. This building was built as their church in 1889, by the members of the NHC, who were not in agreement with the building of the “Klip Kerk”. The hall was named “The Van Belkum Hall” in 1933, after DS Jac Van Belkum, who served as minister from 1903 to 1927.
Corner of Voortrekker and Marais Streets, Heidelberg
Old photographs of Van Belkum Hall (via Heidelberg Heritage Association)