The Sappers Foundation (formerly known as the Sappers Association after originally having been established as the Old Comrades Association) was founded in 1943 to assist South African Engineer Corps Veterans to adapt to civilian life after returning from World War II. The grounds for Sappersrus were donated to the Association by Sapper Jim McIntyre and Sapper Jack Scott. The Hall of Remembrance was completed in 1952. This beautiful stone building houses the Roll of Honour of Sappers who gave their lives in service of their country. Each month these Sappers are honoured in a dignified page turning ceremony. A duplicate Roll is enshrined in St Pauls Cathedral in London.
Sappersrus is on the R560 between Skeerpoort and Hartbeespoort Dam