The historic Rand Club has called 33 Loveday Street home since 1887, one year after the founding of Johannesburg. This is the third clubhouse to occupy the site, modelled on London’s Reform Club by the architects Lack and Emily and constructed in 1904. The Club set the stage for pivotal moments in Johannesburg history, including the machinations of the Reform Committee, and has hosted royalty and international dignitaries since the inception of the golden city.
33 Loveday Street, Marshallstown
Photographs of the unveiling ceremony (Johannesburg Heritage Foundation)
Rand Club (The Heritage Portal)