Provocateur Rem Koolhaas has redefined the role of the architect. His son, 36 year-old Tomas Koolhaas, spent three years following his father around the globe, paying witness to Rem’s extraordinary creativity as well as exploring his works through the eyes of those who actually inhabit them. A rare and unique insight into the mind of a genius. ‘I tried to show people something that no one else could see’ said the filmmaker.
The documentary has won plaudits around the globe for its insights and bold directorial vision. Please join us at a special screening of this epic documentary, with an introduction by Prof Lesley Lokko and a wine bar to kick off the new academic year. For those who are unable to attend, we have permission to screen the documentary a second time on Wednesday 27 February 2019 at 10h00 am
- 7 February 2019
- GSA Main (FADA Auditorium), Bunting road campus, University of Johannesburg.
- Welcome note and wine bar: 18h00
- Under the terms of our screening agreement, no recording of the film is allowed in any format.
- All lectures are free and open to the public.
- All lectures earn CAT 1, 0,3 CPD credits.
- Seating is on a first-come, first-served basis, so please come early to avoid disappointment!