A walking tour of Salt River: lead by Craig Barrowman, who has a passion for street art and was one of the main guides in the recent International Public Arts Festival, where 20 artists were working on new murals. Craig will lead us on a walking tour through Salt River and share some of the rich history and architecture of this hidden gem suburb.
On route he will select a few pieces of street art and explain the philosophy behind these murals, plus give us a sense of how the NGO Baz-Art has impacted Salt River with this annual festival.
- Date: Saturday March 13 2021 at 10h00.
- Price: R175pp. Limited to 10.
- Directions & Meeting point: From the M4, Victoria Road, turn into Hopkins Street (Caltex is on the corner). Take the first right into Aubrey Street and drive to the intersection of Aubrey, Yew, Manrose and Briar Streets. Find street parking and meet at the corner of Yew and Briar. Madame Baker will be open if anyone wants a shot of coffee to take with! Duration: Approximately 90 minutes. No wheelchair access.
- All the bookings are made via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Foundation is not responsible for any injuries or loss incurred during outings. Members and their guests take part at their own risk.
- Banking details: ABSA Wynberg Branch Code 632005. Account 38019980011 Savings Account Simon van der Stel Foundation. Please state your name in reference column. EFT payments please (cash deposits attract bank fees).
- Organisers: Lesley Cox 083 448 7016 and Andrew Jones 082 928 2808.
A street scene from Salt River (Simon van der Stel Foundation)