This corner shop was built by John Cowie, who had owned the site since 1913. Years later, Fernando Duarte discovered the most delicious chicken in a rather dingy cafe that traded from this site. He persuaded his friend Robbie Brozin to taste it. Together they bought the building and the business, launching the first Nando’s in 1987, naming it after Duarte’s first-born son. It has gone on to introduce people to PERi-PERi chicken around the world.
117 Main St, Rosettenville