We are launching Heritage Month with a Heritage Tea at Troyeville House. Troyeville is one of our city’s oldest and most fascinating suburbs, with a rich architectural and historical fabric.
The journey starts at Troyeville House, an imposing Edwardian mansion with many original fittings and a stunning stained-glass panel. This former home of the Salvation Army and other luminaries is now a vibrant multi-cultural space for events, art, regeneration – and a perfect place for tea in the garden.
The tour then dives into the surrounding neighbourhood, including the lovely art deco Beryl Court, the house of activist David Webster, a Gandhi residence, and one of the most important examples of Art Nouveau architecture in Johannesburg.
- The ticket price includes a delicious tea with cakes.
- JHF Members: R250 / Non-Members: R350
- Please bring good walking shoes, a hat, sunblock and water. Secure parking is available in front of Troyeville House.
- Quicket link:https://qkt.io/nxRDxW
- Bookings via JHF offices:email@example.com / 060 813 3239
Disclaimer: Any views expressed by individuals and organisations are their own and do not in any way represent the views of The Heritage Portal.