Downsizing or wanting to find a good home for your Books? Please donate your books for prosperity where many a historian and scholar roams. We hope to become the go-to for local Cape History and the world leader in Rhodes and his time resources.
Donate to the new Cape History Library
We would like to appeal to you to donate your books to our new library opening up in Rhodes Cottage Kitchen. As most good revolutions start in the kitchen - we are up to over 300 titles, more than 100 of these relate to CJ Rhodes and his times- making it possibly the biggest independent resource on Rhodes internationally.
What books and items are we looking for?
1. Local Muizenberg / Cape Town / Cape History.
2. Rhodes, The Randlords - their life and times.
3. Battle of Muizenberg, Boer War, World War I, World War II, current SA issues.
4. Early Cape Khoi San Culture, Slavery and Food.
How to donate
1. If you are in the area, please drop off your donations between 10 and 1pm Mon- Sunday. Please call me before to make sure we are open on 0721820234
2. If you are out the area, please send them via Postnet (cheap) or Pep (cheapest) Store to store- and i will collect. Send your item to Rondebosch Postnet or Claremont Pep. Attention Gabriel Brown 0721820234 Or we could send a driver if you live in Cape Town.
3. If you are overseas please let us know and we can recommend a courier.
What you get for your donation
We would love to place a certificate in front of the book, together with your name on our 'With our thanks' wall
We would welcome your financial donation to assist with the running costs of the Library - plastics, pens paper and coffee etc.
For now please call me (Gabriel) directly at 0721820234 or email email@example.com for any enquiries. We would love to take your call and chat.
Disclaimer: Any views expressed by individuals and organisations are their own and do not in any way represent the views of The Heritage Portal.