Guided visit to explore the history and architecture behind this remarkable heritage building, plus the new Truth to Power Legacy Exhibition, the life of Archbishop Desmond Tutu.
Kobus van Wyk, Heritage Architect, will lead our visit to The Old Granary, where we will find out more about the history and architecture, plus the multiple uses for this extraordinary building since the early 19th century. This will take around an hour and then an education officer from the Truth to Power exhibition, Nanganso Booi will lead us through select stories from this professional exhibition about the life and legacy of Archbishop Desmond Tutu. There will be time afterwards to absorb some of the videos during the exhibition.
- Outing: The Granary, Buitenkant st, spaces available
- Date: Thursday May 26
- Time: 10am for around 2 hours
- Price: R245pp (for non-members, includes entry fee to The Granary
- Cancellations: no refunds if cancelled less than one week.
- Booking: please email Pat at email@example.com to secure your place
Photo: Jim Hislop
Disclaimer: Any views expressed by individuals and organisations are their own and do not in any way represent the views of The Heritage Portal.