Tour from Meerhof Lodge Hartbeespoort at 08h00. Coffee/tea available from 07h30. Booklet covering sites to visit will be available.
- Talk on Schoeman family role in building the dam and how “Sophia” fits in
- Stand beside the Iron railway bridge and learn about the early railways and disappearing tracks
- Sappers Rus and famous Sappers, Remembrance Day and a special page-turning ceremony. Lunch break at Van Gaalen’s and talk
- Anecdotes of love, heroism and betrayal during the guerilla war in the Magaliesberg
- South Africa’s Greatest Escape Artist, General Christian de Wet
- The Voortrekker Cemetery, the “Brothers” of Broederstroom and “skelm” gold mining. Tea Break at Preller House and Talk
- Gustav Preller, the great Afrikaans Marketer
- Eugene Marais, the Afrikaans genius and the Opium Bed
- Rietfontein Cemetery and fresh insights into the Battle of Kalkheuwel. Return to Meerhof Lodge 17h00
Bookings: Mike 071 382 5905 or email@example.com
Cost R200.00 per person. Refreshments & food for own account. Pay MACH. Standard bank. All Branches 015074021.
Payments reference: (Name. June 23) All bookings will be confirmed by email.