03/17/2019 - 00:00
On 17 March 2019 the Magaliesberg Association for Culture & Heritage (MACH) will be hosting a remarkable bus tour. The tour includes the following:
- Talk on Schoeman family role in building the dam
- The secrets of the Saartjiesnek Cross
- Stop at Prellar house for refreshments and talk on Eugene Marais
- Drive past the Voortrekker graves of the Pretorius brothers dated 1847
- View Iron railway bridges and learn about the early railways
- World War 2. Sappers Rus. The little Chapel which carries the names of the fallen Sappers.
- Drive past the remains of Commando Nek Blockhouse
- Stop at Tan Malie shop which was built 1921 to cater to dam builders. Perhaps Hartie’s only museum
- Talk about the building of the Dam
- Drive through Silkaatsnek and talk about the Battles 1 & 2
- Stop at French Toast for refreshments and listen the Oom Paul Kruger’s great grandson Paul talk about the Krugers
- Stop at Rietfontein Cemetery holding 127 English troops who fell in the Magaliesberg
- Date: 17 March 09h00 to 17h00 (08h30 for coffee/tea)
- Meet: At Meerhof Lodge
- Cost: R200.00 pp for tour (refreshments for own accoun).
- Bookings: Mike 071 382 5905: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Banking details: Standard Bank Hartbeespoort 013445. AC 420013393 Ref.TourMar17.Name.
Events Exhibitions Tours
Mon, 02/11/2019 - 13:59