With regard to the Mpumalanga Historical Interest Group’s three-day trip following the Jock of the Bushveld Road (otherwise known as the Old Delagoa Bay or Transport Road) from 13th to 15th February, kindly note the following:
- From information to hand it appears that there are currently adequate people who have already made accommodation bookings or commitments to join the tour.
- Numbers have to be limited because of logistical considerations, especially when operating within the Kruger National Park and Mozambique.
- We are therefore implementing a booking system to join the tour.
- Should you be joining this tour, we require you to kindly contact MHIG’s administrator, Linda Grimbeek, by Wednesday 20th January and indicate the following:
- Are you planning on joining the tour on Saturday 13th, this being the leg from Lydenburg via Pilgrims Rest to Pretoriuskop?
- Are you planning on spending the night of the 13th at Pretoriuskop Camp, and have you made a booking? We intend arranging a communal braai as well as a presentation on the Old Delagoa Bay Road and need to know numbers.
- Are you planning on joining the tour on Sunday 14th, this being the leg from Pretoriuskop via Crocodile/Nellmapius Drift to Furley’s Drift and possibly the Lebombos?
- Would you like accommodation organized somewhere in the vicinity of either Marloth Park or Komatipoort for the night of the 14th?
- Are you planning on joining the tour on Monday 15th, this being the leg from Furley’s Drift to Old Pissene (in Mozambique), the place of Jock’s death at Tom Barnett’s Store?
- Participation on the tour is only open to paid-up members of Mpumalanga Historical Interest Group. If you are not yet a paid-up member, but have made bookings at Pretoriuskop, please ensure that your membership is paid-up by contacting Linda Grimbeek. The same applies even if you are wishing to join the tour on any of the three days.
- We are preparing for a maximum of 20 vehicles, or approximately 80 people. We will operate the booking list on a first-come-first-served basis, so suggest you confirm your arrangements with Linda as soon as possible.
- We appeal to outing participants to maximise the number of people travelling in each vehicle so as to minimise congestion and simplify logistical and convoy arrangements. Please arrange to share space with other people so as to fill vehicles.
Linda can be contacted using the below information:
Linda Grimbeek -Kruger Lowveld Chamber of Business and Tourism - Executive Committee - Mpumalanga Historical Interest Group
013 755 1988 T - 013 753 2986 F - firstname.lastname@example.org