The Owl House Foundation NPC is a non-for-profit company (NPC) established in 1996 in the village of Nieu Bethesda, which is situated just over 50km from Graaff-Reinet, off the N9, in the Eastern Cape. The Owl House was created through the efforts of the artist Helen Martins. This remarkable collection of outsider art is maintained by the Owl House Foundation NPC which is seeks to hire an energetic Executive Manager to officiate the affairs of this important National Heritage Site and tourist destination, in conjunction with the Kitching Fossil Exploration Centre (KFEC).
- Day to day management of the staff of Owl House and KFEC, and keeping financial control
- Maintenance and enhancement of the shop
- Promoting the Owl House and KFEC as a tourist destination
- Safeguarding and developing the Owl House as a vital community resource
- Implementing maintenance and restoration programmes
- Experience in running a business
- 3-year tertiary degree or equivalent
- Exposure to the architectural, heritage or built environment profession will be beneficial
- Relevant experience in a curatorial role will be considered
- Postgraduate qualification is a recommendation
- Code 8 Driver’s License
This vacancy will be based in Nieu Bethesda and the successful candidate can engage the Board on the possibility of onsite accommodation. Owl House Foundation NPC is an equal opportunity organisation.
Closing date: Submission of application by the 17th September 2021 and should be sent to email@example.com. A detailed job description is available upon request.