Members of the public are invited to apply to serve for a period of three years on the committees for Heritage Western Cape, a provincial heritage resources authority.
Heritage Western Cape bears the responsibility to protect, promote and manage the heritage resources of the Western Cape.
Its mandate is determined by the National Heritage Resources Act, 1999 (Act 25 of 1999) and the Public Finance Management Act, 1999 (Act 1 of 1999).
Committees are as follows:
- Archaeology, Palaeontology and Meteorites Committee (APM)
- Built Environment and Landscapes Committee (BELcom)
- Impact Assessment Committee (IAC)
- Inventories, Gradings and Interpretations Committee (IGIC)
- Appeals Committee
- be South African citizens
- be permanent residents of the Western Cape
- have the knowledge, qualifications, experience and interest in subjects relating to heritage resources management.
Members of the committees will be appointed by the Council of HWC according to the criteria of transparency and representivity of the heritage of the people of the Western Cape. Nomination forms are available at the following websites www.westerncape.gov.za / www.hwc.org.za, alternatively from Ms. Nuraan Vallie email) Nuraan.Vallie@westerncape.gov.za / tel.) 021 483 9900.
Nominations should be filled in on the prescribed form and should either be emailed to the above email address or hand delivered to the following address.
Closing date: 16:00 on 9 September 2016. For attention: The CEO Heritage Western Cape, 3rd Floor, Protea Assurance Building, Greenmarket Square, Cape Town, 8000