The City of Cape Town promotes and applies the principles of employment equity. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
SPATIAL PLANNING AND ENVIRONMENT ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT - ASSISTANT HERITAGE EDUCATION OFFICER
BASIC SALARY: R326 608 to R360 277 PER ANNUM REF NO: SPE 52/20
- A three-year diploma or Bachelor’s degree in History/Museology or Heritage
- A postgraduate diploma in Education and/or tour guiding qualification
- Up to two (2) years’ relevant work experience
- Experience in managing projects, programmes, campaigns and events
- Presentation and facilitation skills
- Excellent interpersonal, organisational and communication skills
- Computer proficiency in MS Office Applications
- A valid Code EB driver’s licence
- Willingness to work after hours and on weekends, when required.
Key performance areas:
- Coordinating heritage/cultural/history workshops, projects, programmes, events and guided tours for
- City staff, councillors, tourists, community members, general public, school learners, educators and youth groups
- Conducting research on relevant topics and issues
- Developing and hosting presentations and education lessons linked to the school curriculum
- Develop monitoring and evaluation plans and conducting them
- Setting up and assisting with facilitating meetings and workshops with internal and external stakeholders and compiling meeting minutes and action notes
- Assistance with development, revision and dissemination of appropriate resources, exhibition and education materials, lesson plans and activities
- Safekeeping of all records and compiling and maintaining statistical records and filling
- Reporting for feedback purposes via various reporting tools (e.g. Excel, PowerPoint) on success stories and lessons learned, with recommendations for future success
- Handling correspondence and requests from internal and external clients.
CLOSING DATE: 13 November 2020
Please apply online at www.capetown.gov.za/careers (external applicants) or via the SAP Portal (internal applicants), unless otherwise stated.