The general plan is that the Heritage Cluster will offer a series of scheduled daytime and early evening walks and talks, the Museum will open as usual and if necessary, extend its operating hours. It will also open on Heritage Day in September. The Museum Shop will retail selected historical publications such as Fish Hoek Fossickings, Joy Cobern’s book and calendars. A publication will be produced as a memento for sale in conjunction with The Billboard Magazine - details to follow. A newsletter will be published bi-monthly commencing February 2018.
Download the attachment below this notice for all the details. Here are a few highlights (subject to change):
- 8 February 2018: Evening talk - Peers and Tunnel Caves by Jayson Orton
- 8 March 2018: Evening talk - Lower Silvermine River Heritage by Lewis Walter
- 23 March 2018: Celebrate Mrs Amelia Ball's birthday (of chutney fame).
- 2 April 2018: Evening talk - How Fish Hoek Village Came About by Joy Cobern
- 10 May 2018: Evening talk - The VOC ship Isselsteijn
- 14 June 2018: Evening talk - Slavery in the early days of the Valley by Joline Young
- July 2018: Walk to Peers Cave
- August 2018: Walk - From Whaling to Whale Watching - A Visit To Fish Hoek’s Whaling Artefacts on Jager Walk
- September 2018: Walk to the Silvermine River Mouth
- October 2018: Walk - Church Architecture
8 November 2018: Evening talk - Then and Now by Lewis Walter & Friends