Harry Weakley (1863-1943) came to Heidelberg from Colesberg and established the “Heidelberg Times” newspaper on the 21st of September 1895. The name of his home was derived from a family name. The newspaper office was situated in the stand behind, across the spruit, in Maré Street. Harry was a lay preacher for the Heidelberg Methodist Church for almost half a century and there is a plaque honouring him and his wife, Annie, in the church. The house was also used as the Manse of the Presbyterian Church.
37 Fenter Street, Heidelberg