This house was designed in 1905 by architects, Lack and Emley, for Henry Charles Hull, an attorney and, in 1910, Minister of Finance in the first Union Government. On the outbreak of war Hull left for Cape Town where he joined Brabant’s Horse, seeing action at the battle of Wepener. Hull followed the heels of the British army into Johannesburg and was appointed to the Military Tribunal, which replaced the Z.A.R. judiciary during the British occupation. He was not an Imperialist and allied himself with Botha and Smuts in the Transvaal Legislature.
15 Jubilee Road, Parktown