The Diamond Hill / Donkerhoek Community invite you to the unveiling of the Blue Plaques to commemorate the 121st anniversary of the Battle of Diamond Hill Saturday 12th June at 09h00 for 10h00. Booking essential. RSVP by latest Tuesday 8th June to Rob: firstname.lastname@example.org. Covid-19 regulations will be enforced. No entry without a mask, and temperature will be taken. Social distancing must be practiced.
- Venue: Galagos Country Estate, 36 Km east of Pretoria, off the N4 Coordinates: 25° 48' 166. 40'S 28° 29' 874. 00'E (-25.802899; 28.497990)
- Coffee/tea served from 09h00
- Booklet covering an account of the battle will be available.
- Welcome and presentation on the Battle of Diamond Hill.
- Recorded video message for the occasion by Lord Airlie.
- Unveiling of the Blue Plaques by the Australian High Commissioner and Mr. Kobus Botha.
- Piper plays “The Bonnie Hoose of Airlie”, “Highland Laddie” and “Sarie Marais”.
- Lunch at the restaurant (at own expense) or bring a picnic lunch to eat in the gardens.
- Move to Kleinfontein Cemetery for wreath laying at the Boer Memorial and the grave of David Ogilvy, 11th Earl of Airlie.
- Highlights of the Battlefield - walking tour led by Rob Milne
Disclaimer: Any views expressed by individuals and organisations are their own and do not in any way represent the views of The Heritage Portal.