Discover the legacy of the Randlords - those men who made their fortunes on the gold and diamond mines - in the magnificent mansions they left behind. We'll start the tour outside Herbert Baker's lovely home in Westcliff. He was the architect who designed and built several of the Randlords' homes, one of which we will go inside, others we'll admire from the outside. We will finish the tour with lunch at the place where the Randlords discussed their fortunes - the grand Rand Club in the inner city (optional).
- Date: Friday, 17 June 2022
- Time: 9am
- Meet: outside the German School, Sans Souci Road, Auckland Park
- Cost: R460pp (which excludes the cost of lunch)
- Duration: 3 hours (4 hours with lunch)
- Contact email@example.com to book your place!
Disclaimer: Any views expressed by individuals and organisations are their own and do not in any way represent the views of The Heritage Portal.