This Vacancy is open to External Applicants AND Employees of the City of Johannesburg
Department: Community Development
Branch: Arts, Culture and Heritage
Designation: Manager: Public Culture
Salary Range: R39 055.92 pm (basic salary excluding benefits)
- Relevant Degree in Arts and/or Design, Heritage Studies, History or a related field;
- 5 years’ working experience in a specialist or managerial position;
- Valid Driver’s License.
- To manage immovable cultural property, including heritage sites and public art, in order to ensure that these assets are promoted, enhanced and maintained.
- To plan and manage public art in order to enhance the urban environment and increase the use and enjoyment of public space.
- To develop cultural programmes and events, answer enquiries, prepare publicity material and arrange events in order to promote heritage and public art.
- To record and document public culture including heritage projects and more contemporary public art.
- To manage public budget for public art and heritage projects in order to ensure sound financial management.
Key Performance Areas:
- To co-ordinate a diverse City-wide programme of public art.
- Managing the implementation of public art projects
- Coordinating the implementation of heritage restoration projects
- Liaise and consult with parties involved in the development of heritage and/or public art projects.
- Research, Document and record cultural sites
- Assess applications
- Manage budgets and expenditures for specified heritage and public art projects
- To write reports to Council.
- To provide input in to the budgeting process.
- To manage the Open Air and Public Space Officers.
Leading Competencies: Cultural Heritage Policy. Artistic Practice. Conservation. Research.
Core Competencies: Written and verbal skills, Good communication skills, Computer skills and Database management.
Contact Person: Thato Sepuru | (011) 407 7198 | Joburg Newtown Building, 2 Helen Joseph Street, Newtown
This is an employment equity targeted position and preference will be given to African/White Males and African Females including people with disabilities.
All applications will be through the website using this link:
Closing Date: 21 June 2021
Disclaimer: Any views expressed by individuals and organisations are their own and do not in any way represent the views of The Heritage Portal.