What do we do with hollow memorials and political architectural remnants? Which should remain, which forgotten, and which dismantled? Join a discussion with historians and architects, and guest speaker Jacob Dlamini, South African historian and writer, as they interrogate how South Africa continues to reckon with its past to shape its future.
- Date: Tuesday 7 September 2021,
- Time: 18:00 to 19:15 SAST
- RSVP: Click here to register on Zoom
- Hilton Judin is an architect and the director of postgraduate Architecture in the School of Architecture and Planning at the University of the Witwatersrand
- Arianna Lissoni is an historian based at the History Workshop at the University of the Witwatersrand
- Nnamdi Elleh is head of the School of Architecture and Planning at the University of the Witwatersrand
- Muchaparara Musemwa is an associate professor of history and head of the School of Social Sciences at the University of the Witwatersrand
- Jacob Dlamini is a South African historian and writer and Assistant Professor of History at Princeton University, USA
Disclaimer: Any views expressed by individuals and organisations are their own and do not in any way represent the views of The Heritage Portal.