The Viennese Bandsmen's Cottages in Memorial Road Kimberley comprise three cottages built in 1892 for housing a military orchestra from Vienna that visited the town for the Kimberley and International Exhibition that year. The three cottages are owned by the Department of Health and are the responsibility of the Department of Public Works. Two had been occupied by vagrants for some years despite public concern and objections. One of the cottages was severely damaged by fire on 5 July 2018.
Please use this thread to add background and updates.