Joburg’s most beautiful and controversial park has a new champion. Artist James Delaney has installed 67 of his stainless steel owl artworks in The Wilds. Delaney's owl garden joins features others have left behind over the years - like the plant house and herbarium, the sundial at the peak and plaques for Jan Smuts and Percy Fitzpatrick.
Join Rand Club and James Delaney for an exclusive guided walk and picnic.
- Venue: The Wilds (meet in the public car park. Map attached)
- Date: Sunday 26 November
- Start time: 10h00 - walk is approximately one hour. Please wear comfortable shoes.
- Donation: R100 per adult. R50 for children under 16. All donations go towards Delaney’s next project at The Wilds.
- Dogs on leashes are welcome.
- Pack your snacks and stay after the walk for a picnic on the grass. *NB no glass bottles!