Join us as we visit the centuries-old Vergelegen Wine Estate situated at the foot of the majestic Helderberg Mountains in Somerset West. This Culture Connect tour is led by Alistair Tite who has propagated hundreds of the estate’s much-feted camellias. Alistair lives almost next door. There are 18 different parts of the garden, from the heritage listed camphor trees (my favourites) to the contemporary designed herb “parterre”; Alistair will take us to the highlights (last time he pointed out the owl in the camphor trees).
Alistair is a highly experienced tourist guide; his stories includes insights on the estate’s history from slave labour to high society extravagances. In the historic library and homestead, Vergelegen’s experts will share their knowledge on their antique contents.
- 7 Aug 2021, Sat 10am
- Cost: R250 early payment at least a month in advance | R300 for the ‘late birds’. This excludes the small entrance fee (R10 for adults and R5 for pensioners/scholars)
- Do join us afterwards for lunch in the Stable’s, at your own expense, just let us know so we can book the right number
- The group will be between six and 14 people.
- Covid protocols please. There is a chance this date might have to change if we hit a third wave.
- Available as a private booking – just let us know when you would like.
- email@example.com | 072 377 8014 phone/whatsapp