The administration, safekeeping, management, maintenance and display of the parliamentary artworks collections and heritage objects (art, artefacts, photograms etc.) to preserve the South African heritage and history. Also responsible for the leading and supervision of the artworks office
- Managing Parliaments Artwork Collections & Loans Management
- Artwork Exhibitions Management
- Facilitates Artwork Restoration
- Parliamentary Artworks Administration
- Budget and expenditure
- Staff Supervision
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fine Art or related qualification (NQF7).
- An Honours /Post-Graduate Qualification in History of Art; Curatorship; Heritage Management Museology or related qualification. (NQF level 8) would be advantageous
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in the field of art and heritage management with advanced technical knowledge and work experience core to this role
- Excellent knowledge of Storage, display, conservation and restoration of Heritage Objects
- Knowledge in designing and constructing of art and heritage exhibitions
- Knowledge of museum principles
- Knowledge of and interest in art history and museum works
- Creativity and initiative
- Broad interpretative vision and sensitivity to the emotional value of historic artworks
- Ability to communicate with field specialists, media and the public
- Knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access exhibitions
- Sound organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure and adaptable to change
- Sound oral and written communication skills
- Good planning, organizing and project management skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Leadership skills
- Project Management Skills
- Judgement and decision making abilities
- Customer focused
- Delivering results and meeting expectations
- Conflict Handling Skills
How To Apply (External Applicants)
To apply go to www.parliament.gov.za and click on Careers.
- Step 1: Register your profile on the iRecruitment system.
- Step 2: You will be required to update your profile with all the relevant and necessary information relating to your personal particulars highlighting and documenting your work experience, qualifications and skills acquired. Please attach certified copies of all your qualification certificates, ID, CV and 3 contactable referees. Applicants that have not attached these copies will not be considered. Apply for the position of interest and follow the necessary steps on the system.
- Step 3: Ensure you complete the assessment.
- Step 4: Click FINISH. Parliament reserves the right not to make an appointment. All appointments are subject to relevant security clearance and qualification checks. The successful candidate will be expected to sign a performance agreement
TCOE Package: R888 900
Deadline: 30 July 2021
Click here to view the advert on Parliament's careers page.