The 16th of December is Reconciliation Day; a day on which certain Afrikaans-speaking communities also commemorate the Vow. After 180 years, the Vow is still a contentious topic and its modern-day relevance is increasingly being called into question. Join us for an informative one-day workshop on the relevance of the Vow, in collaboration with historians and other experts, and hosted by the Heritage Foundation. Click here for the full program. Please note that the event will be presented in Afrikaans.
- Date: 14 September, 08:00 – 15:00
- Venue: De Kroon, Voortrekker Monument, Pretoria
- Cost: R120 pp / R100 for pensioners – includes a light lunch
- RSVP and pay by 10 September, contact Estelle Pretorius (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Bank details: Die Erfenisstigting – ABSA Brooklyn – Acc nr 405 620 9535 – GK + your surname