Some time ago the Fish Hoek Valley Museum came into possession of a set of rare glass negatives which David Erickson of Simon’s Town Historical Association repaired and cleaned up electronically. The photos run from St James to Simon’s Town. The old 19th – early 20th century photos have been juxtaposed with contemporary pics of the same scenes to produce a revealing 'Then and Now'.
Lewis Walter and David Erickson will expand on the historical contexts of the old photos and the changes along this coastal strip over the past 100 years.
- Date and time: Thursday 8 November 2018 at 13h45 for 14h00 til 17h00.
- Venue: Civic Chamber, Civic Centre, Fish Hoek.
- Beverages and snacks will be available.
- Fee: Members R10-00 pp. Visitors R20-00 pp. Learners and students R5-00 pp.
- Enquiries and further information: firstname.lastname@example.org