The South African Heritage Resources Agency (SAHRA) is an agency of the Department of Arts and Culture tasked with an overall legislative mandate to identify, preserve, protect and regulate heritage resources in South Africa. SAHRA invites suitable applications for the following positions: Heritage Resources Manager: Archaeology, Palaeontology and Meteorites
Main purpose: Manage the identification, conservation and monitoring of Archaeological, paleontological and meteoritic Heritage Resources of national and other significance to ensure protection in terms of SAHRA’s legislated mandate stipulated in National Heritage Resources Act.
Job Grade: Paterson D1 (Total Cost to Company package)
Key performance areas:
- Co-ordination the APM Unit in the management of Heritage Resources
- Manage Stakeholder relations
- Financial Management, HR Management
- Manage Unit administration
Closing date: 13 December 2015
If you do not hear from us within one month of the closing date, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful. Please note that SAHRA is an equal opportunity employer and also reserve the right not to make an appointment.
- A Master’s degree in Archaeology, Palaeontology, or related discipline
- 5 years’ experience in Archaeology and / or Palaeontology-related work
- 3 years’ managerial experience in the heritage field
- Computer literacy
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Presentation skills
- Working Knowledge of NHRA and Heritage Management principles legislation and other relevant legislation related to Heritage Management
- A valid driver’s licence
All positions will be based at our Head Office in Cape Town, unless otherwise stated.
Interested persons are required to forward a letter of application and detailed CV to the Human Resources Unit, South African Heritage Resources Agency, PO Box 4637, Cape Town or 111 Harrington Street, Cape Town or via e-mail - firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure that the name of the position that you wish to apply for is clearly indicated in the subject line.