The Department of Cultural Affairs and Sport (DCAS) is making funding available for arts and culture projects and programmes.
Who Can Apply?
Registered NGOs, NPOs and CBOs (excluding close corporations) that are involved in the visual arts and the performing arts, eg music, dance, drama, literary arts, crafts, the humanities and youth development, can apply via the annual funding process for funding for their arts and culture projects, programmes and productions at festivals.
How Will Funds be Allocated?
Funding will be provided to projects that will promote, develop and preserve arts and culture in the Western Cape, especially projects that:
- Build capacity within arts;
- Promote the visibility of the arts;
- Promote meaningful changes and interventions within communities;
- Explore elements of our cultural heritage; and
- Create opportunities through the arts.