This recent Kalk Bay Historical Association project may be of interest to the heritage community. Readers will see from the attached 1987 letter to the then Fish Hoek Echo that service was resumed in 1987. No one can now remember when it finally stopped!
The pictures on the bottom of the poster below show Kimberley House pre 1883 and in 2016 when the post box was still in the wall. The restored Post Box is now in the foyer of the Courtyard Café Main Road for safety.
Steve Herbert - Kalk Bay Historical Association
Letter to the Fish Hoek Echo
The Restored Post Box (Kalk Bay Historical Association)